City: Byron Center
The material handler would be loading, unloads, and moves material within or near plant, yard, or work site.
· Reads work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
· Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
· Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
· Conveys material from storage or work sites to designed areas.
· Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
· Counts, weighs, and records number of unit’s materials moved or handled on a daily production sheet.
· Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
· Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
· Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
· Removes samples of material and/ or labels with identifying information as needed.
· Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
· Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
· Shovels loose material such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
· Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
Must have at least 1 year of experience in material handling within a manufacturing setting.